First Baptist Academy is looking for highly qualified and motivated applicants in all fields throughout the school. We desire applicants who are committed to professional, educational, and Godly excellence while serving the children of FBA. We are seeking professionals who believe in the Truth of God's Word as revealed in the Bible and believe in the grace of Jesus Christ.
First Baptist Academy accepts applications anytime, keeping them on file as positions become available.
This specific position is Monday-Friday from 12:00-6:00pm.The ideal applicant should have experience with children ages Infant through 5 years old. The applicant must be an active Christian, be nurturing, love children and be able to relate to them. Must be in good health with the physical stamina and agility to work with children. Be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds. Must be able to sit frequently on the floor with children, stand for periods of 30 minutes, walk at a steady pace, and bend at the knee and squat while attending to the children's bathroom needs. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere, accepting instructions and assignments from the classroom Lead Teacher and/or Director as needed. Must accrue at least 24 hours of training in applicable areas of each child development studies. Must keep up with current developments in education by voluntarily attending professional meetings, working on advanced degrees, etc.
It is the policy of FBA not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, handicap or disability, ancestry, national origin, marital status, race, sex, veteran status, or political affiliation in its educational or employment programs and activities. All employees are required to be of the Christian faith and support the school's mission statement and philosophy.
First Baptist Academy is seeking Encore Workers to join our 2017-2018 school year team. This role is a part-time position that oversees the students that must remain on campus after school is out until their parents are able to pick up the students. The hours of the position are from 2:45PM-6:15PM from the first day of school through the last day of school (9 1/2 months). Holidays are consistent with the school calendar.Key Responsibilities
- Supervise the children involved in the Encore program.
- Follow the schedule of each grade level and oversee homework time, snacks, and playground, gym, and classroom time. Takes daily attendance.
- Assist with all minor medical emergencies after 4:00PM. Notifies parents if further medical attention is necessary.
- Serve snacks to students.
- Respond to the direction of the Encore Director.
- Energetic and approachable personality
First Baptist Academy is seeking qualified candidates for the position of School Nurse. The School Nurse will report to the Director of Finance and Operation. This person will be responsible for the health care needs of students. This person will also work closely with students, parents, and campus staff.
Qualifications: The Nurse must be a graduate of an accredited professional nursing education program and hold a valid license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Texas.Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Have successful experience in the nursing field
- Hold a bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Possess a broad base of knowledge regarding the treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Have a general understanding of medications and related effects
- Demonstrate effective communication, public relation and interpersonal skills
- Have a service oriented personality
- Have experience with reviewing and processing student health forms (Magnus, etc)
- Works as a member of the school staff within the framework of the school health program to provide for the health needs of all the students
- Provide direct health care to students who become ill or injured during the school day
- Refer students, as appropriate, to primary health care provider or community resources
- Follows action plans and physician's orders, and develops individual health plans, as needed
- Maintains parental authorization records for health care services and release of health information
- Communicates information contained in the action plan with staff on a need-to- know basis
- Maintains an orderly, clean, safe and properly supplied clinic
- Develop an effective system for the acquisition, maintenance, and use of supplies and equipment for the school health facility
- Maintains health services equipment, according to policy (AED, Epi Pens)
- Maintains field trip backpacks
- Participates in development of the campus emergency health and crisis plan
- Follows campus guidelines in the establishment of first responder teams
- Knows and follows immunization laws for Texas, which pertain to each grade level
- Implements communicable disease control in the school, including monitoring, surveillance, assessing and excluding, as appropriate
- Participate and follow through with local and/or federal, state, city or county health department requests for audits of records or communicable disease reports
- Conducts or coordinates screening programs of state mandated grade level and transfer students
- Provides referrals to appropriate health care provider for abnormal results on all state mandated screening
- Maintains accurate record of state mandated immunizations, Vision, Hearing, Spinal and Acanthosis Nigricans
- Adheres to HIPPA/FERPA and confidentiality rules and regulations
- Provide classroom health instruction, serving as a resource to students, staff and families to increase the capacity to achieve the school's health education goals
- Participate in the development and implementation of health promotion activities
- Where applicable, trains and monitors staff who provide health services, including delegated procedures, the administration of medication to students and other related mandated activities
- Collaborates with community agencies to provide resources
- Follows the guidelines of the Nurse Practice Act and follows The Scope and Standards of Practice Develops professional skills appropriate to job assignments
- Demonstrates behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible
- Perform other functions that may be assigned by the Administration and/or supervisor
- Strong organizational, communication, public relations and interpersonal skills
- Some knowledge of the school organization and the community served
- Must understand and respond appropriately to students needs and maintain a positive attitude with all students, parents, staff and faculty
It is the policy of FBA not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, handicap or disability, ancestry, national origin, marital status, race, sex, veteran status, or political affiliation in its educational or employment programs and activities. All employees are required to be of the Christian faith and support the school’s mission statement and philosophy.